Current rating is an assessment of a pilot's personal skill in fighting other players.
Unfortunately, this rating has a number of problems:
- Pilots of senior technological levels easily ‘farmed’ it on players of significantly lower levels
- Rating changes only at the moment of destroying a ship and is credited to the player who delivered the final blow. This situation created multiple problems with ‘stealing’ ship kills.
- It includes only destroyed ships, i.e. it does not display the total contribution of the pilot in combat. For example, you can be a very good interceptor pilot, but since you're destroyed more often than other ship classes, your skill rating will be lower.
The rating available now (of course, in the absence of cheating) evaluates the player as a professional mercenary, but is not suitable as a competitive rating in team battles, which our game is designed around.
So, the following will be considered in the new skill rating calculations:
- Your efficiency relative to maximum efficiency in the team. If you are about average compared to your team, or even at the top — that's a plus, since it increases the coefficient during rating calculation.
- The number of deaths in combat. The less you are taken down in the fight, the higher the rating grows. Try not to die!
- Team's victory or loss. If you see that the team is losing, you need to earn as much personal effectiveness to break from the average value of the team and then rating loss will be negligible.
The rating is calculated at the end of the battle. Its change depends on the current skill value: if you played better, the rating will start to grow, if worse — it will degrade. Rating change is not as dramatic as it is now, but rather smooth and depends on how consistently you maintain your game performance.
The maximum value of the skill rating is 10 000. The highest difficulty of the game and the most strict assessment of the pilot's personal ability are manifested at higher ranks, which, of course, is taken into account in the formula. Beginning with the first through ninth ranks, the maximum ‘ceiling’ of their rating increases. Players of lower levels can get high skill values, but to get into the list of elite pilots they need to confirm their ability in the toughest battles on the strongest ships.
Looking forward to your comments!
Star Conflict Team